The Best Investment You Can Make in a Child's Music Education
Flashnote Derby is an app for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that makes the drudgery of memorizing the notes of the music staff into a fun and challenging game. Simply select the notes you wish to practice, and it's off to the races.
Identifying notes correctly will urge your horse on to the finish line, while incorrect answers cause you to fall behind. Increase the difficulty by adding more notes and speeding up the race. Before you know it, you're an expert at naming the notes of the treble clef, the bass clef, or both.
Why every child can benefit from Flashnote Derby...
- Faster note recognition. Reduce frustration in learning new music.
- Become a better sight-reader. Become more proficient at being able to pick up new music and play it.
- Increased enjoyment. Improved skills equals more fun when making music.
- Fully customizable. Practice only the notes you choose, in treble or bass clefs. Start simply and gradually expand the range of notes.
- Several speed options. Beginners can start out focusing on accuracy and improve on speed over time.
- Learn from your mistakes. Review incorrect answers at the end of each race.
Flashnote Derby works with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Android phones and tablets, and Kindle Fire tablets.
Click here to see it in the App Store.
When music students become frustrated and start asking to quit their music studies, it's usually not because they no longer enjoy music. It's because it has become too difficult. They are lacking in some basic skills they need to succeed.
If a child can't name all of the music notes on the staff instantly- as fast as they could name the various letters of the alphabet, then they need Flashnote Derby.
There's no way to get around the repetitious memorization that is required when learning to read music. But there are ways to make it more fun and increase motivation. Any child who is capable of learning and remembering the letters of the alphabet is capable of memorizing the notes on the staff.
While there are many challenges to be conquered when learning a musical instrument, the inability to read notes should never be one that holds a student back. Get Flashnote Derby today on the app store. It's available for iPhone, iPod touch, and all versions of the iPad as well as Kindle Fire and all other Android tablets and phones.